The Joint Research Unit (JRU) on Biopolymers and Emerging Technologies (IATE) generates knowledge regarding the structural-functional properties of plant-based products upon transformation to food, biomaterials, biomolecules and bioenergy.
IATE is a joint research unit of INRA, CIRAD, University Montpellier2 and SupAgro active in the field of agrifood and green chemistry.
Scope of research activities
Five research axes
- Fractionation, extraction and separation of renewable resources;
- Structuration of biopolymer based matrices and powders
- Mass Transfer, Structure and Reactions in the Food packaging system
- Microbial biotechnology and enzyme technology of lipids and biopolymers
- Knowledge representation and reasoning to enhance the usage of bioresources